Salomon Troplowitz (1789-1869) – came from the town of Troplowitz, currently Opowica in Czech Republic. He grew rich as a trader in Hungarian wine. In the second half of the 19th century his family was one of the richest Jewish families in Gliwice. In 1848, he became the first Jewish town councilor in Gliwice.
He established a well-known wine bar of Troplowitz, which was located on the southern corner of the market square in Gliwice, in a tenement house, No. 25[[re:|Bożena Kubit, Zabytki kultury żydowskiej w Gliwicach (Monuments of Jewish culture in Gliwice), Stowarzyszenie Zikaron, Gliwice 2009.]].