According to “The Encyclopedia of Jewish Life before and during the Holocaust”, Jews had already lived in Ciężkowice in the 19th century. In 1890 there were 175 Jews in the town, and until 1910 the number grew to 241 people.

During World War II, in May 1942 Nazis deported Jews from Ciężkowice to other towns, and later on they were transported to extermination camps.

Print