The first mention of a settlement appeared in 1105. In those times Pilzno was the ownership of Benedictines from Tyniec. The city gained urban rights in 1354. Thanks to its location on a very important trade route, the city developed very dyamically. In the 16th century the city became the residence of the district situated at the area from Tarnów to Kolbuszowa, and in the south to the Polish – Hungarian border.

Print