The village was established in 1366, under the name of Brzozowa. Later it was change into Lebentanz (after the name of the owner of the village). In 1444 King Władysław III of Poland granted a charter. Since 1643 the city had been involved in wine storage. In 1698 a synod of Calvinism took place there, as the successive owners of there city were Protestants.

Print