In 1835, 43 Jews lived on the territory of today’s Roman Catholic parish. In 1870, 311 Jews were reported to be living among the residents of the town. In 1891, the Jewish Community was established, because earlier the Jews of Majdan were the members of the kahal of Kolbuszowa. Tuvia Horowic became rabbi at that time, the son of a tzadik Meir from Dzikow.
In 1900, the Jewish Community had 914 members and it was in possession of its own synagogue along with a rabbi. A cemetery was established at the end of the 19th century. Prior to the outbreak of the First World War, 646 Jews lived in Majdan itself which made up 29% of the total population. On 5 May 1919, the peasants of nearby villages resorted to looting shops and Jewish houses. One of the military policemen who were trying to prevent the looters died. In 1921, 565 Jews lived in the town or 1% of the total population.
With the outbreak of the Second World War, some of the wealthiest Jewish families escaped east. In 1941, local Jewish Community had approximately 100 members. Some Jews were transported in the same year to the work camp in Huta Komorowska, whereas the rest, approximately 90 families were transported on 21 May 1941 to Rzeszow. During the occupation, a cemetery was totally vandalized and the wall surrounding it was pulled down. Macevahs were removed. The Nazis pulled down the synagogue as well.