Tuczno appeared in medieval parchments in 1306. It was located under Brandenburg law in 1331. Since the very beginning the city was a private property of Wedel family, who owned a lot of land in West Pomerania. This family also build a defence castle in 1338. In the 1920s and 1930s Tuczno was incorporated into Pomeranian Line fortifications. Numerous bunkers and fortifications were built.
On February 11, 1945 with over 80% of the buildings destroyed, Tuczno was conquered by the Soviet army.
In 2004 Tuczno had a population of 2014 permanent residents with population density amounting to 217 persons per sq kilometer[1.1].