Since 1327 the settlement Bieruń was a Czech fiefdom and it suffered the same political fate as the whole Silesia. In 1387 Bieruń was granted a charter. The development of the town was favored by a beneficial location of the town on the trade route from Wrocław (Breslau) to Kraków (Cracow). In 1865 Bieruń was granted a charter again and was given a name of Bieruń Stary.

In 1975 Bieruń Stary was deprived of its charter and was incorporated into the town of Tychy. In 1991, however, Bieruń was granted a charter again and was given a name of Bieruń.

Print