The house of prayer in Markuszów was established in 1919 and was the property of the Religious Jewish Community in Markuszów. The daily attendance in 1922 varied from two hundred up to three hundred people[1.1]. No data with regard to its exact location, design and history have been preserved but it can be assumed that the building was destroyed by the Germans during World War II.

Print
Footnotes
  • [1.1] Archiwum Państwowe w Lublinie, Urząd Wojewódzki Lubelski 1918-1939, Wydział Społeczno-Polityczny, sygn. 730, s. 4(National Archives in Lublin, Office of Lubelskie Province, Social-Political Division, Call No. 730, p.4)