Towards the end of October 1940 the Nazis established a ghetto in Falenica which comprised today’s Lawinowa, Mszańska Chryzantemy, Hiacyntowa, Walcownicza and Patriotów Streets. Several thousands of people of Jewish origin including inhabitants of Falenica and people displaced from other towns and villages were crammed into this ghetto. It is estimated that about 1500 people died there from difficult living conditions, epidemics or casual executions. On August 20, 1942 the Germans dissolved the ghetto sending its inhabitants to gas chambers of the concentration camp in Treblinka.
On the initiative of “Solidarity” Citizens’ Committee a memorial to the victims of the Holocaust was unveiled near the train station in 1992.
Punkt na mapa.targeo.pl [stan na 7 V 2009].
Punkt na mapy.google.pl [stan na 7 V 2009].