The Jewish cemetery in Bodzanów was founded towards the end of the 18th century. The last known burial took place here in 1939. During World War II the Germans devastated the cemetery.

Only one gravestone, which dated from 1937, retained in the area of 0,2 ha.

In 2004 some cemetery maintenance work was done by the students of Junior High School in Bodzianów. The Social Committee in cooperation with the Foundation of the Protection of the Jewish Heritage (Fundacja Ochrony Diedzictwa Żydowskiego ) in Poland funded a
commemorative plaque with inscriptions in Polish, English and Hebrew: “ the Jewish cemetery was founded towards the end of the 18th century. In the second half of 1941 the Jews from Bodzanów were taken to the ghetto in Nowy Dwór and to the forced labor camp in Działdowo. Towards the end of 1942 they were murdered in Auschwitz-Birkenau. May they rest in peace”.
 

Print