Geographic and administrative location
Up until the 18th century - the Kingdom of Poland, Masovian Land, the Duchy of Płock, (1329-1351 – fiefdom of the Czech Kingdom)
1793-1807 Prussia, Płock Regency
1807-1815 Duchy of Warsaw, Płock Department, Płock County
1815-1918 Russia (Kingdom of Poland), Plock Province, Płock Guberniya (since 1837), Płock County
1918 – 1939 Poland, Warsaw Province, Płock County
1939 – 1945 Germany (III Reich), East Prussia, Ciechanów District, Płock County
1945 – 1975 Warsaw Province
1975 – 1998 Płock Province,
Since 1999 – Masovian Province, Płock County, Bodzanów District
At first, the village belonged to the Norbetine convent in Płock. The settlement was located under the Chełmno Laws by the Masovian Duke Bolesław II. Based on that privilege, the inhabitants were exempted from paying taxes for the king and convent. The income from markets and court penalties was assigned to the order. The location privilege was confirmed in 1436 by the Masovian Duke Bolesław IV. People in town earned their living by farming, handicraft and, first and foremost, cloth production.
In 1570 the town owned 16 lans of land. There were 35 craftsmen, including seven bakers, seven furriers, seven tailors and four blacksmiths. During the wars of the second half of the 17th century and the beginning of the 18th century, Bodzanów was destroyed many times. It did not regain its former significance in the centuries which followed. Plans to take away its town rights had been done already in 1820 and were carried out in 1869. Nowadays, most inhabitants deal with farming[1.1].
- [1.1] Miasta polskie w tysiącleciu, vol. 2, Wrocław-Warszawa-Kraków Zakład Narodowy imienia Ossolińskich Wydawnictwo 1967, p. 458-459.