The main synagogue in Bielsk Podlaski, called "Yafe Einana" (Hebrew for pretty eyes), was built on the site of the old synagogue at Bożnicza Street in 1898. It was a large wooden structure, covered with a gable roof with tiles; rebuilt several times. The building received its final shape at the beginning of the 20th century. During the German occupation during World War II, the synagogue was demolished by the Germans.

Print