A private house of prayer (4, Słowackiego Street) was erected on Herszel Zagajski’s initiative in 1922 (he was one of the greatest entrepreneurs in Kielce). It is the only preserved house of prayer in Kielce. It has 54 square meters and can accommodate upto 80 people in it at the same time.

During the World War 2 it was devastated by the Germans. After the occupation it served as a store. In the 1980s it was used to store chimney brushes in there. At the beginning of the 1990s it was given back to its heirs. In 2011 it became a possession of Dorbud company that bought the tenement in between Słowacki Street and Śniadecki Street, together with the courtyard and the house of prayer that had been placed there.

 

Print