About 3 km from the road Zaręby Kościelne – Czyżew is the village of Mianówek. Jewish inhabitants of nearby towns, murdered by the Germans in August 1941, are buried there. At the place of martyrdom, there is a long grave in a concrete frame, fenced off with a metal fence. The place of execution is commemorated by a granite monument made in 1959 with inscriptions in Polish and Hebrew, carved in semicircular tablets, saying: "Here, in a mass grave, the remains of 5,000 Jews, men, women and children of the towns of Zaręby Kościelne, Czyżew, Andrzejewo and the surrounding area are buried. brutally murdered by Nazi genocides in the fall of 1941. Their only crime was that they were Jews. Honor their memory".

Print