There is a Jewish cemetery in the Gilino village, 1800 meters away from Bielsk, at the right-hand side of the road to Płock. It has the shape of a quadrilateral of 11,109 square meters and is surrounded by a trench[1.1].

During World War 2, the cemetery was destroyed and the gravestones were used as building material. [1.2].

None of the macewas on the cemetery’s premises was preserved to the present day.

Print
Footnotes
  • [1.1] Sąd Rejonowy w Płocku, Wydział Hipoteczny, HIP M 26.
  • [1.2] Michał Grynberg, Żydzi w rejencji ciechanowskiej 1939-1942, Państwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe Warszawa 1984, s. 73, 164; Obozy hitlerowskie na ziemiach polskich 1939-1945. Informator encyklopedyczny, Państwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe Warszawa 1979, s. 105; Janusz Szczepański, Społeczność żydowska Mazowsza w XIX-XX wieku, Wyższa szkoła Humanistyczna imienia Aleksandra Gieysztora w Pułtusku, Pułtusk 2005, s. 420-421, 441.