The Jewish cemetery in Bielsk Podlaski is located at Brańska St, 128, next to the road No. 66. It is slightly away from the road, but has a short dirt road access and a parking lot. It is signposted and fenced.

It was founded in 1807. The last known burial took place in 1941. It was devastated by the Germans during World War II.

About 100 tombstones have been preserved on the area of ​​1.5 ha, the oldest of which dates back to 1850. The matzevot are made of marble, sandstone and concrete. Tombstone inscriptions in Hebrew, Yiddish and Polish have survived. There is also a wall-lapidarium with the remains of matzevot, which served as quarries in the post-war period. On the mass graves of the victims of the Holocaust, there is a monument with the inscription: "Place of execution of Polish citizens of Jewish nationality, shot in the years 1941–1944 by the gendarmerie and the Gestapo of Nazi Germany. Over 200 people are buried in the common grave. Honor their memory".

The list of matzevot from the Jewish cemetery in Bielsk Podlaski is available on the website of the Foundation for the Documentation of Jewish Cemeteries: https://cemetery.jewish.org.pl/list/c_67 [access: 30.12.2014].

 

Print