The synagogue in Chorzów (12 Wolności Street) was built in 1874.
It was an impressive rectangular brick building erected in the Romanesque Revival style with numerous Mauritanian elements. On the inside there was a spacious prayer room which was accessible through a vestibule. The entire room was surrounded on three sides by women’s galleries supported by ornamented poles.
In the fall of 1939, the Nazis burned down the synagogue and in the fall of 1940 its walls were demolished.
Today, on its site there is the „Hutnik” Shopping Center with the seat of the PPS Społem (Food Industry Cooperative Społem) and a Mc Donald’s restaurant.