Jewish cemetery in Drawsko Pomorskie was located by the Wiesenweg street (Łąkowa street)[[refr:"nazwa"|Fritz R. Barran, Städte-Atlas Pommern, wydanie drugie poprawione, Leer 1993, s. 42, 43.]], running through the fields in the eastern direction, towards the city. The date it was established is estimated for the year 1740, based on the testimonies of four Jews that settled in the city in the years 1735-1740, one of them was a gravedigger. The cemetery was located on the right side of the road on a small hill. The older part was located higher and there were few steps leading to it, we know that from the testimonies of Dorothea Elisabeth Deeters from Bergisch Gladbach in East Germany. The size of the cemetery was 0,16 ha, overgrown with old trees and surrounded with the low, stone wall. In 1905 the graves were desecrated, some totally destroyed. Those events as well as those that happened after 1933 were described by Ernst Moritz Manasse. [[refr:"nazwa"|. Dr. Ernst Moritz Manasse was born on the 11th of August 1907 in Drawsko Pomorskie, died on the 13th of May 1997 in Durham, North Carolina. The retired professor of the North Carolina Central University. As a child he visited graves of his ancestors, together with his grandmother. He described the location and the surroundings of the cemetery in 1873, on which, 27 people named Manasse, were buried, including many children. His ancestors lived in Drawsko already in the 1813, since we know that the citizens rights were given to Aron Manasse and Moses Manasse]], son of George Manasse, in his work “Jewish Cemetery” from 1967. The cemetery lasted till the end of war, about 200 people were buried there. Last burial took place in 1935 – last president of the community, mentioned before George Manasse, who was respected citizen of the city. In his funeral also polish citizens took part, one city council member who was a national socialist supporter. When the mourners approached the cemetery a group of wearing uniforms Nazis joined. They wrote down names of all non Jews, persuading them that it is not worth to feel sorry for the death of a Jew. The names were printed in the Nazi weekly „Der Stürmer”. The council member was fired and excluded from the party. More less in the 40ties the tombstones were taken from the cemetery and were used to pave the part of the sidewalk on Wiesenweg street, placed in a way that the inscriptions were visible. However many city inhabitants, sympathizing with Jews, were passing it round, using the middle of the road or the other side of the street. According to the data from Gerhard Korth, by the end of 1992 the wall around the cemetery did not existed. The tombstones were taken and used for unknown purposes. The wall was replaced with the wooden fence. The cemetery was suppose to be covered and was used as the waste dump. Short before 1992 the cemetery was recognized as the monument and became protected. The enameled plaque was placed there with the inscription in polish, which unfortunately was quickly destroyed. On one side of the cemetery two symbolic tombstones out of sandstone were placed, dated 1885, that originally were located in a different place of the cemetery.
[[refr:"nazwa"|http://www.jewishgen.org/cemetery/e-europe/pol-d-f.html, [stan na 9 kwietnia 2008].]].
On the grave were the inscriptions in German and Hebrew.
[[refr:"nazwa"|http://www.izrael.badacz.org/zydzi_w_polsce/katalog_zachod-pomorskie.html, [stan na 15 kwietnia 2008].]]. In 1992 on one of them there was a name Friederike Joseph, maiden name Bornheim, who died at the age of 89, on the 10th October 1882. On the second tombstone, severely damaged, were inscriptions devoted to Joel and Joseph, deceased at the age of 80 on the 21st January 1870. In August 1998 two new information plaques were placed.
[[refr:"nazwa"|http://www.kirkuty.xip.pl/drawskopomorskie.htm, [stan na 19 października 2008].]]. Scetches of the old cemetery are in the book. [[refr:"nazwa"|Gerhard Salinger, Zur Erinnerung und zum Gedenken. Die einstigen jüdischen Gemeinden Pommerns, tom IV, New York 2006, s. 922.]]. At the old cemetery there is an informative plaque with the following inscriptions: „Till 1939 in this location was a Jewish cemetery”.
- [1.1] http://fodz.pl/?d=10&id=225&l=pl, [stan na 19 października 2008].