The house of prayer in Góra Kalwaria (at Pijarska Street 10/12) was built in 1905 instead of the former, wooden building, which had burnt down. It was the house of prayer of the tzadiks from the Alter dynasty. During World War II, the house of prayer was devastated by the Germans. After the war, the building was transformed into a shop and factory of soda-water. In 2000 the building was returned to the Jewish community in Warsaw. The only elements to have survived in the building’s interior are cast-iron pillars from the gallery.