The synagogue in Góra Kalwaria (5 Pijarska St.) was built in 1905 on a wooden site, erected in 1849, which was consumed by a fire. It was a synagogue of the Hasidic court of Ger. The building was built on a rectangular plan. On the ground floor there was a large prayer room with a recess in the eastern wall intended for Torah scrolls.

During the Second World War, the Germans devastated the synagogue. After the war, a soda water plant and a shop were placed in the building. In 2000, the building was returned to the Jewish Community in Warsaw and then renovated. Currently, there are shops and apartments in it.

Print