The ghetto in Grodzisk Mazowiecki was created on 1 December 1940, in an area delimited by the following streets: Joselewicza, 11 Listopada, Piłsudskiego, Legionów and Limanowskiego. The Nazis crammed the local Jews there, together with people deported, among others, from Nadarzyn, Brwinów, Podkowa Leśna and from towns of Wiekopolska Region (Greater Poland). In total, about six thousand people stayed in the ghetto. On 10-14 February 1941, the ghetto was liquidated, and its inhabitants were transported to Warsaw, from where they were taken to extermination camps. In Grodzisk Mazowiecki, only some Jewish craftsmen were left, who were displaced to the Warsaw ghetto in July 1941.

Print