The second cemetery in Głogów was founded at the beginning of the 17th century. It was funded by Głogów’s wealthy merchants Israel Benedict and Michael Sachs. The consent to the creation of a new burial place for the Jews in Głogów was given in 1622 by the Emperor Ferdinand II. The cemetery was located on the road to Biechów. During the Silesian war in 1740, the kehilla had to give up using the cemetery, as the area was designated for the expansion of urban fortifications. [1.1].
- [1.1] M. R. Górniak, Żydowskie nekropolie w Głogowie, [in:] Głogów [online] http://www.glogow.pl/okolice/podstrony/glogowski/aglogow.htm [Accessed: 01.12.2013].