A new brick Baroque style synagogue was built in 1715. A magnificent, plastered building had a rectangular shape and had a high Mansard roof that was probably replaced in the 19th century by a four-side roof with low inclination. There was a decorative cornice at the middle of the height of the elevations. Part of the side elevations under the cornice had pilasters that had tall, narrow, semicircular windows in between them. The lower part of the elevation had a similar pattern to the upper part, except that the windows were replaced with blind arcades.
The interior of the Hrubieszów synagogue was designed in a similar way to the other synagogues in the region in the 18th century. The interior consisted of a porch that led to the main prayer chamber. The walls consisted of horizontal and vertical segments and were covered with paintings with characteristic plant, animal and geometrical motifs as well as Hebrew inscriptions. There was a richly ornamented Torah ark (Aron Kodesh) on the eastern wall and in the middle of the prayer chamber there was a bimah surrounded by an open-work balustrade. It is probable that there were women’s galleries in the lean-tos in the northern and southern parts of the building[1.1].
The synagogue was vandalized by the Germans during the Second World War. The ruins of the building were pulled down, collected and sold as building materials[1.2].