The town’s name was already mentioned in the 13th century[1.1] . Located at a trade route leading to Silesia and Greater Poland, it was granted town rights in 1244. From 1659 Kłobuck was a seat of the overseer of crown lands (starosta niegrodowy) granted to the Pauline monastery. It was destroyed during the Swedish Wars. Until the partitions of Poland the town belonged to the Kraków Province, subsequently it passed undero Austrian rule. Between 1807 and 1815 it belonged to the Duchy of Warsaw, and later to the Kingdom of Poland. In 1870 Kłobuck lost its town rights.
During the interwar period the settlement consisted of the centre and three suburbs: Zagórze, Zakrzew and Smugi. The agricultural land constituted as much as 85% of the area, while forests 15%. Many small one storey houses were built on the right bank of the Biała Oksza River. In 1919 only the main street was cobbled. Between the wars the settlement was located near the railway line connecting Koluszki with Ząbkowice and Kielce with Lubliniec.
In 1921 Kłobuck had a population of 5,222 people, in 1931 – of 8,952, and in 1939 of 10,876[1.2] . Therefore, the population doubled in the years 1921 - 1939.
Several craft guilds were established in town: the butchers’, blacksmiths’, locksmiths’ and carpenters’ guilds. Street markets were held every second Wednesday. In 1927 a so called livestock market was established on the town’s grounds . The citizens of Kłobuck could use services of the Cooperative Bank and the Bank of Small Traders and Craftsmen.