The Lublin Agudat Israel was established in 1919. It had some 300 members. Initially, its headquarters was at 19 Nowa Street and later at 7 Królewska Street. In the mid-1930s, the activists moved to Cyruliczna Street. Industrialist Mojżesz Szczerański was the Local Committee chairman in 1932. The other Committee members were merchants. Lejb Forszteter was deputy chairman, Cudyk Lerman was secretary and Tobiasz Liberman was treasurer. Board members included: Dawid London (merchant), Dawid Pinker (merchant), Majer Szapiro (yeshiva rector), Liba Bluzaid and Szulim Eiger[1.1].

Print
Footnotes
  • [1.1] R. Dąbrowski, Mniejszości narodowe na Lubelszczyźnie w latach 1918–1939 (National Minorities in the Lublin Region in 1918-1939), Kielce, 2007, p. 49.