In the city centre, on the old Market (later it was T. Kościuszko Square)  a monument was built, on which  a dozen or so commemorative plaques for fighters and murderd people in different periods and historical events can be found. On one of these plaques, there is a dedication for units of the Red Army and Polish soldiers who liberated the city in 1945. Moreover, there is also the sentence:

FOR MARTYRS / PEOPLE MURDERED DURING /THE  NAZI OCCUPATION IN / CONCENTRATION CAMPS / - KILLED IN GHETTOS / CITIES AND ESTATES OF THE ŁĘCZYCA REGION/ FOR THE VICTIMS / OF THE MASS EXECUTIONS

Print