The Milicz kehilla had its own cemetery and synagogue from as early as the start of the 19th century. Before that date, Jews buried the kehilla’s members in the Jewish cemeteries in Krotoszyn and Brzeg Dolny (Dyrhernfurth), but around 1810 the kehilla managed to obtain a parcel to establish a separate cemetery in Milicz. The synagogue was erected toward the 1820s. Just like the local Jewish shops, the synagogue was destroyed in November 1938[1.1].

Print
Footnotes
  • [1.1] KLAUS-DIETER ALICKE, Lexikon der jüdischen Gemeinden im deutschen Sprachraum, Monachium 2008.