The old cemetery (Kolorowa Street) – was most probably established at the same time as the synagogue. A document dated 1648 discusses the expanding of the cemetery. Allegedly, Lewko, a banker at King Casimir III the Great's court, was buried here.

40 matzevot were recovered at the cemetery during repair and building operations in the Pomorzany district in 2006. They are placed in five rows, in a disorderly fashion. 9 more gravestones went missing during renovation works concluded by the Gliwice workshop „Akant”. They are known only from the photographs taken by Jan Jagielski in the 70s. The cemetery was tunneled with a deep tank trap during the war. Nowadays, the area of the necropolis is not fenced and is located near a large number of detached houses.

location on mapa.szukacz

location on maps.google

Print