The Jews appeared in Pakość in the 15th century or at the turn of 15th and 16th centuries. In 1507 they were obligated to pay a coronation tax. In 1519, Kalman from Pakość had a sit seat in the committee, which debated in Inowrocław on about paying a ground rent to thea king for 1519-1521. In 1546 Izaak Pakosth was obligated by a king's mandate to take the oath, that he will pay a given price for goods purchased from Mikołaj Mrowiński. Izaak was accused of not meeting his obligations by the aldermen of Lublin. During 1564-1565 in a kehilla existed in Pakość existed a kehilla. A Both a synagogue and a school functioned. In the 16th cantury century also a cemetery also functined there. In 1565 the Jewish poll tax was paid in Pakość by 140 people. In 1569 king King Augustus made paid over 50 PLN to his servant, which was a part of the Jewish rent of e.g. the Jews from Pakość. In 1564-1565 the Jews from Pakość paid 25 florins for a rent. On the 31st of October 1629 the elders of the kehilla Dawid and Izrael Lapay made an oath in front of the city owner's representatives, concerning the honest collection of taxes „of every kind of trade, alcohol, and other various goods sales“ from his fellow believers. Between 1641-1642 a Jew from Pakość was registered in Gdańsk, he came there from for the economic reasons. In the autumn of 1656 after the seizure of the city by Stefan Czarniecki's Polish Army and , oin the 14th of May the massacrea pogrom against of the Jews took place. During the Polish-Swedish War many elements of the kehilla's infrastructure were destroyed: a school, a synagogue, and a cemetery. The Jewish kehilla did not existed any more. In the 18th century macevahs from the Jewish cemetery were used to build Calvary chapels. The Jews began to settle there once more time after 1812. The Articles of the Association of the Jewish Congregation in Pakość was approved on the 22nd of August 1834 (amended on the 24th of February and 4th of May 1870, 13th of June and 29th of September 1893). In that times the kehilla consisted of 89 members. Apart from Pakość, in on its borders the village of Rybitwy village was situated. At the beginning of the 19th century a synagogue was built in by the timber framing method. In 1903 it was came under the threat of collapse. It was replaced by, consecrated on the 17th of August 1904, a new solid building. During the 1840s a new Jewish cemetery was established. The oldest macevah dates back to 1848, there also existed a private Jewish school. In 1870 13 pupils attended it, and in 1905-10. In 1893 a Jewish primary school was established. In 1903 18 children attended it. Teachers were: Rastaniel, and futher later on Joseph (since 1902). The kehilla was too small to afford a rabbi. The nearest rabbinates were situated in Strzelno, Inowrocław and Bydgoszcz. In the second half of the 19th century members of the kehilla began to immigrate to the inside of Germany. The kehilla in 1903 consisted of 136 citizens, and in 1905 – 103[1.1]. After 1920 in Pakośćthere were few Jewish families in the town. Before the outburst of the Second World War there lived families of: Aron, Abram, Cohn, Datel, Weichmann, Simon and, Zalinger. The activity of the kehilla began to diminish in the first half of 1920s. There was not neither a local rabbi and nor a szochet. The religious ministry was leaded by a rabbi, who came occasionally from Inowrocław.
The board which was appointed in 1909, 10 years later consisted of: Józef Lieberman, Julius Abraham and Sallo Dattel. TheRepresentatives were not appointed representation because of the population density in the kKehilla was not appointed. In June 1921 the board consisted of only 1 member and 2 deputies. The first elections in the independent Poland were held on the 3rd of January 1922. The authority was taken over by: Sallo Dattel, Heimann Seelieg, Ludwik Simon, and deputies: Josef Abraham, Heinrich Waichmann. The board in 1923 was still incomplete. There remaindeded in it only: Sallo Dattel and, Heinrich Weichmann. In that condition it had reminded remained until 1930s.
In November 1932 the last board was electedelected consisting of. There were chosen: Ludwik Simon (a chairman), Sallo Dattel, Józef Abraham, and deputies: Henryk Weichmann, Harry Cohn. In 1933 the kehilla was liquidated and attached to the Jewish kehilla in Inowrocław. Since that time once a week an ancillary cantor and szochet Szlingenbaum had arrived from Inowrocław. The kehilla in Inowrocław also took over the property of the Jewish society from Pakość, it consisted of: a synagogue, a cemetery (Radłowska and Mogileńska Streets) at the area of 0.140 hectare (both real estates were valued in 1939 at 15, 000 PLN), a vegetable garden near the synagogue (50 PLN), a building with a garden, were a gospel house was situated, it was later turned into a dwelling house (12, 000 PLN), a garden at the area of 0.05.24 hectare (50 PLN). In Pakość in 1939 the Jews owned 4there were four trading companies managed by Jewish owners. They employed two2 Polish Poles and one1 Jews. The rest of the Jews worked as small traders or had their own businesses. In 1919, owners of the companies were e.g.:included: Seelig Heimann, Markus Weichmann, Rafael Samelsohn, Rozali Simmerowa, Elza Mendelsohn, Józef Abraham, and Maria Heim (Hein). The owner of 25 morgens of land was Ludwik Simon. After the invasion of the German Army in Pakość in September 1939 Jewish men were arrested and transferred to a misteriouan unknown locations place. Women and children in October 1939 were transferred to Piotrków Trybunalski. After the war there was were no Jews in Pakość[1.2].
- [1.1] Aron Heppner, Izaak Herzberg, Aus Vergangenheit und Gegenwart der Juden in den Posener Landen, Koschmin-Bromberg 1904-1908, passim; A. Warszauer, Geschichte..., passim; Zenon Guldon, Żydzi w miastach kujawskich..., s. 101; Ryszard Kabaciński, W czasach staropolskich (do roku 1772), [w:] Dzieje Pakości..., s. 65-66, 77, 93-94; Tadeusz Kaliski, Pod zaborem pruskim (1772-1918), [w:] Dzieje Pakości..., s. 130, 198.
- [1.2] Tomasz Kawski, Kujawsko-dobrzyńscy Żydzi w latach 1918-1950, „Wydawnictwo Adam Marszałek”, Toruń 2006, passim; Tomasz Kawski, Gminy żydowskie pogranicza Wielkopolski, Mazowsza i Pomorza w latach 1918 – 1942, „Wydawnictwo Naukowe GRADO”, Toruń 2007, s. 174-175; Tomasz Kawski, Inwentarze gmin żydowskich z Pomorza i Wielkopolski wschodniej w latach 1918/20-1939, „Kwartalnik Historii Kultury Materialnej”, 2006, nr 3-4, Dokument nr 8, s. 82.