The synagogue in Prudnik was designed by the architect Smith and built in 1877. It was located on the corner of today’s Klasztorna Street and Kościuszki Street. The building was financed by Samuel Fränkel, a well-known Prudnik entrepreneur, who also consecrated the temple.
A stone building built in Moresque style, the main façade is finished with four tall towers with domes. A hallway led from the western side to the main prayer room. The entrances to the side galleries for women were located at the sides of the building. A recess with Aron ha-Kodesh was located on the eastern wall.
During Kristallnacht (the night from 9th to 10th November, 1938) the Nazis burned down the synagogue. The parcel of the former synagogue remains empty ever since[1.1].
- [1.1] Andrzej Dereń, Listopadowa noc wstydu prudniczan [in:] Tygodnik Prudnicki No. 45 from 7.11.2007.