The Soldier's Synagogue – the so-called Soldaten-schule – was originally located at Palisadenstrasse (now Mazā Palisādes iela), then at Krāslavas iela 24. It was established in the 19th century for Jewish soldiers, the so-called cantonists recruited by force from among children of poor families (also from the Kingdom of Poland). It was a two-storey wooden building. The synagogue was demolished on 4 July 1941.

 

Print