The synagogue at Stabu ielā owes its name to the German name of the street – Seylen Straße. The Neo-Romanesque building, designed by P. Mandelsztam (or, as it transpires from other sources – R. Schmoeling), was erected in the years 1899–1901. The building was burnt down by the Germans on 4 July 1941. It has survived to this day and has been converted into an office space following its remodelling.

 

Print