The oldest Jewish cemetery in Rzeszów, located in the vicinity of the Old Synagogue, was established in the 16th century and was used until the 19th century. In 1939, some matzevot could still be found there, the oldest of them was from 1553. The cemetery was completely devastated by the Nazis, and the tombstones were used for reinforcing roads. After the war, the unfenced area underwent increasingly intensive deterioration. Currently, the area serves as a parking lot[1.1].
- [1.1] On the basis of: http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cmentarz_żydowski_w_Rzeszowie [as of 2 February 2009].