Furniture factory "Labor". Emil Goldsand and Feliks Wajnapel were the owners of the factory in 1932. Initially, the plant was located at 22 Narutowicza Street, in a two-storey masonry building with a lean-to roof covered with roofing felt, constructed in 1918. The factory employed about 30 people in a single-shift system. The factory was equipped with the following machines and production devices: a steam locomobile, a band saw, a milling machine, a planer, steamers and disc cutters. The factory mainly produced chairs, later also wooden bicycle rims. In the years 1926-1927, the plant was moved to 18 Narutowicza Street. At that time, the plant was located in a two-storey masonry building with a gable roof covered with roofing felt. The building has survived until the present day. It is currently used by a carpenters' co-operative.

In the years 1926-1927, an oil mill was established in the previously occupied building at 22 Narutowicza Street. The oil mill was equipped with a steam locomobile, rollers for oil plants with six sets of rollers, three presses and other manufacturing devices. It employed 10-15 people. After WWII, the plant was nationalised. It continued to be in operation until 1951. The building has survived until the present day. It is currently used by a fruit processing company.

The entry was written on the basis of the text Katalog zabytków budownictwa przemysłowego w Polsce, issued since 1958, on the permission of the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.

Print