In the interwar period a Jewish secondary school – middle school – operated in Radom in 9 Kilińskiego Street, managed by the Jewish School Knowledge Friends Society (TSŻPW). In 1907 and 1908 on the initiative of the Radom pedagogue and social activist Józef Temerson, two more middle schools, one for girls and one for boys, were opened. In 1925 these schools were taken over by TSŹPW, and in 1928 they were merged to form a co-educational, eight- grade humanistic middle-school. There were two languages of instruction – Hebrew and Polish. Young Jews from assimilated families (in 1923 – 2656 people in total) went to six other comprehensive schools in Radom.