A new cemetery was established in 1815.

The Jewish cemetery was not spared: grave stones were overturned and subsequently, in 1941-1942, were used to pave streets[1.1].

A monument to commemorate the fighters of the Warsaw Ghetto was erected at the Jewish cemetery in 1963. The plaque on the monument reads: “19.4.1943 on the 20th anniversary of the Uprising in the Warsaw Ghetto. To the victims of Fascism. May their memory live on. Świdnica. 19.4.1936.”

 

Print
Footnotes
  • [1.1] H. Adler, Schweidnitz in alten Ansichten (Zaltbommel, 1993).