Jewish community in Sławatycze dates back from 1623.
In 1939, during the Interwar period, ca. 900 Jews lived in Sławatycze.
In September of 1939, during WWII, Sławatycze was occupied by German army. In June of 1942, the Germans gathered all Jewish citizens on the market square and in next three days murdered them all. Their bodies were laid in a 100 m long mass grave in Jewish cemetery in Sławatycze.