The Jewish cemetery in Świebodzin was founded in the 19th century. After the year 1938 it was closed by the Nazis. In the 70s of the 20th century the cemetery was closed down again as part of the campaign of cleaning the town. Not even one gravestone retained in the area of 0,06 ha. At present, there is a square and a board in the area of the cemetery. The area of the former cemetery is cleaned by the students of Junior High School no 3 in Świebodzin, as part of the campaign called “ Let’s retain the memory”.

 

Print