The Jewish cemetery in Tomaszów Mazowiecki (19 Smutna Street) was established in 1831. During the Second World War the cemetery was devastated by the Germans.
On the area of 2.9 ha about 2000 gravestones have been preserved, the oldest of which dates back to 1843. The matzevot bear typical ornaments and inscriptions in Hebrew and Polish. In the cemetery there are ruins of the ohel of tzaddik Jakob Elijah (died in 1888), the son of Abraham Cohen. The cemetery is surrounded by a wall.
In the 1990s the area of the cemetery was cleared and a monument was placed.