The high school was originally a three-grade girls’ school, founded in 1853 by Julia Paprocka. In 1899, the facility was taken over by Cecylia Goldman-Landau. From that moment on, senior grades started to be gradually introduced. As a result, the school was transformed in a seven-grade high school in 1907. In 1918, after the addition of Latin to the curriculum, it became an eight-grade school. Matriculation examinations were first held in June 1919. Among the school principals were Cecylia Goldman-Landau (1899–1920), Albert Dryjski (1920–1921), Jakub Wołczek (1921–1924), Jan Jakub Henryk Dinces (01/09/1924–1935), Anna Dinces (1935–1937), and Maria Lewkowicz (from 1937).
In 1926, the school was located at 5 Przejazd Street. At that time, it was an eight-grade, humanities-oriented high school with Polish as the language of instruction. It had partial accreditation as a state high school. It soon attained full accreditation, which it held until the end of its existence. It consisted of 10 “departments” (classes) comprising a total of 253 pupils. In 1937, it was located at 11 Przejazd Street. This, of course, refers to the old, now defunct Przejazd Street, and not to the present one. The old one coincided largely with today’s Andersa Street, reaching the “Muranów” cinema.
In the 1930/1931 academic year, the tuition fee for one student in a preparatory class (Grade 0) amounted to PLN 480–600. In junior grades (Grades 1–3), it was PLN 920–1,140, while in senior grades (Grades 4–8), it was PLN 1,040–1,120. The school had a total of 216 pupils, including 28 in preparatory classes, 43 in lower grades, and 145 in higher grades.
It continued to secretly operate in the Warsaw Ghetto.
In 1926, the school staff, composed of both Poles and Jews (and the subjects they taught) included:
- Bergman Balbina (b. 1900) – Polish Language, History;
- Bork Karol Herman (b. 1880) – German Language;
- Czerniawska Ewa (b. 1893) – Handicrafts, Drawing, Calligraphy;
- Dembowska Janina (b. 1896) – Polish Language;
- Dinces Anna (b. 1898) – History, German Language;
- Dinces Jan Jakub Henryk (b. 1895) – History;
- Grajewska Natalia (b. 1896) – Mathematics;
- Halpern Samuel (b. 1901) – Latin;
- Hanczak Zofia (b. 1887) – Diction;
- Herold Mina, Dr (b. 1894) – Latin, German Language;
- Hollender Alicja, Dr (b. 1890) – school doctor;
- Inwentarz Henryk (b. 1896) – Russian Language;
- Iwanicka Emilia (b. 1900) – secretary;
- Kostrzewa Marian Hipolit (b. 1888) – Gymnastics;
- Laganowski Ferdynand Bruno (b. 1890) – Mathematics;
- Landau Artur (b. 1874) – Gymnastics;
- Landau Dorota (b. 1893) – Mathematics;
- Landau-Goldman Cecylia (b. 1876) – Principal (owner);
- Miernik Józef (b. 1897) – Mathematics;
- Opolska Oktawia Helena (b. 1885) – French Language;
- Paradistal Jadwiga (b. 1898) – secretary;
- Seiden Zygmunt (b. 1887) – Drawing, Handicrafts, Calligraphy;
- Smiśniewicz Zofia Helena (b. 1896) – Natural Sciences, Geography;
- Stefański Aleksander (b. 1895) – Physics, Chemistry;
- Surdykowski Stanisław (b. 1893) – Geography, Physics, Chemistry;
- Szczerba Teofil Józef (b. 1892) – Introduction to Philosophy;
- Wajnsztok Anna (b. 1887) – Polish Language;
- Wajs Bronisława (b. 1802) – Natural Sciences;
- Wędziagolska Helena (b. 1894) – Singing;
- Zaleska Janina (b. 1883) – French Language;
- Zand Stefan (b. 1900) – Polish Language, History.
- Spis nauczycieli szkół wyższych, średnich, zawodowych, seminariów nauczycielskich oraz wykaz zakładów naukowych, Warsaw–Lviv 1926, p. 266.