Built in 1928 according to the design by Henryk Stifelman, the nursing home called Moshav Zkenim (Moszaw Zkenim), which is now located at 10 Wawelberga Street, operated from 1913 on, originally at 9 Górczewska Street. Moshav Zkenim’s residents included mostly Jewish intelligentsia members who had been affected by the aftermath of the war and economic crisis. The institution had 70 rooms that were prepared to accommodate about 150 residents.
Today, a kindergarten, primary and junior secondary schools are all located in the building. Set up thanks to the support of the Ronald Lauder Foundation, all of them are collectively referred to as Lauder Morasha School. Apart from the curriculum that is mandatory in Polish schools, children and teenagers at Lauder Morasha also receive instruction in Jewish traditions and Hebrew[1.1].
The building is listed as a heritage site.
- [1.1] Małkowska-Bieniek E., Śladami warszawskich Żydów, Warszawa 2008, PP. 94–95.