The new Jewish cemetery in Włodawa was founded in the 19th century once it was impossible to bury more people in the cemetery at Wiejska Street. The last known burial was organized here in 1943.
During World War II the Germans devastated the grounds of the cemetery. Only four gravestones have been preserved, the oldest one dates back to 1919; they were all brought to the Museum. In the 1960s a cemetery wall was partially repaired.