During the Second World War nazis set up a ghetto in Włodawa. It was located in the neighbourhood of 1000-lecia, Błotna and Kotlarska Streets. In the ghetto nazis held the local Jewish popilation, but also Jews from Cracow, Mielec and Vienna. In 1942 Germans started to dissolve the ghetto successively – its residents were deported in a few transports to the Sobibor extermination camp and executed afterwards. Since November 1943 in Włodawa functioned a residual ghetto, however it was also dissolved in April 1943. [1.1].
- [1.1] collective work edited by Czesław Pilichowski „Obozy hitlerowskie na ziemiach polskich 1939-1945. Informator encyklopedyczny”, Warsaw 1979 r.