The so-called "old" cemetery was bought from Friedrich Cohn and Salomon Böhm on the 10th November 1862. It was located on the then Hermsdorfer Chaussee (near the present 1 Maja Street). It was closed in 1914 due to damage caused by the mines being under water and having been covered with silt and mud. Over time, the gravestones had either become damaged or had been stolen.

Print