Jewish Cemetery in Wielowieś was established in the 17th century. It is located 600 meters from the road in the direction of the village called Wojska. The first burial took place in 1694 (a wife of Jonatan Bloch - the founder of the cemetery). There were buried Jews from Wielowieś, Toszek, Błażejowice, Tworóg, Wojska, and Pyskowice, sometimes also from Tarnowskie Góry and Gliwice. In 1749 a fence was built. The last burial took place in 1929.
In the area of 1ha, approximately 200 tombstones have been preserved out of which the oldest one dates back to 1722 and belongs to Jonatan Bloch. According to the data from 1915 the oldest matzeva at the cemetery belongs to Jitel, a daughter of Aszyk, who died in March 1702. The preserved tombstones are an example of a beautiful burial decorative art.
Originally, there was a mortuary house beside the entrance. The remains of the fence comprise only the poles which upheld the gate. In the cemetery area grows an oak whose trunk has a circumference estimated at 400 cm.
In 2003 the residents of Wielowieś started cleaning works at the cemetery. The person who initiated the works was Grzegorz Kamiński, a graduate from the department of history at Opole University, and a teacher at ZWM primary school since 2002. The initiative was joined by the head of Wielowieś village, Józef Schiitz, residents and the students from the school historical circle.
On 3rd July 2005, the ambassador of Israel and the Jewish Historical Institute awarded Mr. Kamiński with a diploma for his activities aimed at preserving Jewish heritage and culture in Poland.
The cemetery stays under the care of Mr. Kamiński. Municipal authorities promised to mow the grass on the cemetery once a month.