Wohyń village was established at the end of the 13th century. In 1519 was granted city rights under the Magdeburg Law. In 1795, Wohyń was annexed to the territory of Austrian partition. In 1809, constituted a part of the Duchy of Warsaw and, from 1815, it was in the Kingdom of Poland. In 1869, Wohyń lost its city rights by order of the Tsar.’ In 1939, during WWII, Wohyń was bombed and then occupied by German army.

 

Print