It was set up in 1907, and the last burial took place in 1941. The cemetery was devastated during the Second World War. Fragments of numerous tombstones remained, the oldest dates back to 1934.

On the territory of the former cemetery, used at the present by a parking lot and “Delia” Clothing Plant, in 1950, Jews from Zamość who survived the Holocaust erected a monument and a lapidarium made of tombstones and parts left from the Jewish cemeteries in Zamość.

On the monument there is a plaque with the inscription “Thou shall not kill”. In 1991, a metal fence was constructed around the former cemetery.

Print